INSTEP recognizes the importance of your right to privacy and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose any personal information that individually identifies you.
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information means any information about an identifiable individual. Anonymous Data means data that is not associated with or linked to any individual’s personal information or will not easily permit the identification of individuals. INSTEP does not consider personal information to include Anonymous Data.
The types of personal information that we may collect include, but are not limited to:
- - your name;
- - your date of birth;
- - your title;
- - your address;
- - your phone number;
- - your email address;
- - your IP address;
- - your picture
- - your personal history questionnaire;
- - personal information you give us that we did not request (such as personal information you voluntarily put into an email to us).
- Purposes for Collecting Your Personal Information
We collect, use, and disclose your personal information to provide you with our services. We also collect, use, and disclose your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and as otherwise may be permitted or required by applicable laws. We will only use the personal information that we collect for the purposes for which it was collected. Specifically, we collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- - to provide you with our services as requested by you;
- - to manage, develop and enhance INSTEP operations, programs and services;
- - to acknowledge gifts, issue tax receipts, and other administrative requirements including information requests;
- - to process and collect fees for service;
- - to assess participant needs;
- - to conduct participant satisfaction research;
- - to collect data for statistical purposes;
- - for administration, management, strategic planning, decision-making, research, and allocating of resources within the INSTEP;
- for contests and advertising;
- - to respond to your questions that you send by email or through our website;
- - subject to applicable law, to provide you with newsletters and articles to notify you about other programs and services provided by INSTEP, which may be of interest to you;
- - to meet any legal or regulatory requirements.
- When Do We Collect Personal Information?
We may collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us by using our website or services. For example, we may ask you to provide personal information if you:
- - use our website or our services;
- - send us a question or comment by email, social media or phone;
- - post comments or other content on our website or services;
- - when you participate in one of our contests or giveaways;
- - register to receive newsletters, articles, and updates about our services; and
- - otherwise participate in features of our website or our services that ask for personal information.
- Limiting Collection of Personal Information
As much as possible, we will only collect personal information directly from you. Personal information may be collected from other sources with your prior consent.
- Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information
To help safeguard your privacy, we will consider using non-identifiable information, such as coded or Anonymous Data that does not identify you whenever possible. We may generate Anonymous Data from personal information collected through the website and services by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to an individual. We may use this Anonymous Data and aggregated data for any reasonable purpose and disclose such data to third parties in our sole discretion.
We will never disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent and only if we are required by law.
INSTEP will maintain schedules for records retention and destruction, which apply to personal information that is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes for collection or required to be retained by law or under contract. Such information shall be securely destroyed, erased, or rendered anonymous.